LATEST POSTS

Sunday, September 30, 2012

SOLD FOR $37 MILLION DOLLARS !


 

Earlier this year an Andy Warhol silver silkscreen image of Elvis sold for $37 million dollars at Sotheby’s contemporary art sale in New York!!! 

I'm trying to figure out exactly what t is art. That’s the question I have asked myself millions of times. You have the art snobs who look down on you if you think a painting made out of paper cups looks dumb. Then again those same people will see a mural in the inner city of the Mona Lisa as being so low class. 

Then you have the people that think every scrap of paper is art!

It’s like wine. If everyone likes a wine and you don’t they say it’s because you don’t understand the complexity of the grape. That still doesn’t change the fact that it may taste like sugary cough medicine! 


I think the definition of art depends on who's in power and who controls the population. That's why the works of Andy Warhol are famous and generate tons of revenue no matter how silly they are and the works of a Black painter or sculptor goes unnoticed. Unless it's Black History Month!

Maybe that's why I know about Renoir, Van Gogh, Da Vinci, Rembrandt, Picasso, and Monet but for a million dollars it would be hard for me to name five famous Asian painters. 

 After working hard all day there are times when I feel I should just make a painting out of liquid paper or paper clips and sell it to bunch of dumb entertainers for millions and then just sit back and watch the money pour in!

Isn’t that what Andy did?

Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment