LATEST POSTS

Monday, January 16, 2012

THE M.L.K. SALE !


 

Today was the day we celebrated the life and works of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. However, like other holidays the focus is shifting away from the main theme.

Today I had a choice to relax and meditate on what Martin Luther King Jr. means to me or I could have gone to a furniture store to get 20% off on a dining room set because today is a "special sale day."  A few years ago sales like this were unheard of.

Is it disrespectful to buy something on at the "MLK Clearance Sale”? I think so. It's tacky and straight up ghetto! To use his legacy to sell a washer and dryer is ridiculous!

I'm surprised all of these "so called" Black organizations are quiet as a mouse on this subject. It's as if they have folded like a cheap suit!!

 Most of these businesses should have been closed today anyway ! Especially the large companies that can afford it.  

I hope you didn't go to any "MLK" sales today. I hope you paid full price. You may have loss money but not your dignity!

What's next, a Gandhi lingerie sale!!! Buy a bra and get a thong for free !

 Don’t be surprised…….

LISA

No comments:

Post a Comment